My mom turned a certain age on the 2nd. I’ll let you guess her age by the title of the post. 😉 Every year she asks for two things: love and a handmade birthday card. In her birthday card I included 60 reasons why I love her (certainly the reasons are limitless, but here are 60):
1. You taught me about Jesus.
2. You are beautiful.
3. You sacrifice your happiness for mine.
4. You are generous.
5. You are the best cook ever.
6. You taught me how to clean.
7.You are pretty funny.
8.I get my sense of style from you. (Thanks for letting me dress myself since I was in preschool.)
9. YOU ARE SO PATIENT.
10.Your house is always open for us to come over and have invite friends.
11. You love everyone.
12. You support me in all my choices. From traveling to Iraq, to changing majors, to living alone.
13. You taught me how to put others first, but also to make sure I am ok.
14. You show me what forgiveness truly means.
15. You look really cute in leggings and Ugg boots (I do not say this lightly).
16. You love my dog- and accept my obession for her.
17. You’re always honest.
18. You don’t give up.
19. You are so creative.
20. You always packed my elementary and middle school lunches.
21. You taught me how to stand up for myself, even if I was embarrassed when you did it.
22. You taught me that sin has consequences.
23. You are always working.
24. You are the hardest worker I know.
25. You showed me that if I want something I have to work for it.
26. You take care of me when I’m sick (still. even though we live 45 minutes away. you still drop off medicine.)
27. I know you love me, because you tell me- AND you show me.
28.You’d vote for me on American Idol/ The Voice. Even though you have definitely told me you’d be the only one voting for me.
29. You enrolled me in etiquette classes and made sure I could successfully dine with the Queen, if need be.
30. You let me make my own choices- even when you know they end in pain.
31. You’ve illustrated the importance of thanking God.
32. You show me how to trust God- because I see the trust you put in Him.
33. I like to garden because of you. I never ever ever thought I would.
34. You are BRAVE.
35. You always pick up my phone calls.
36. You share- your food- your clothes- your stories.
37. You use to rub my ear and sing to me so that I would fall asleep.
38. In elementary school you always sent us balloons and candy for Valentine’s Day.
39. You always have a band-aid. (I always need a band-aid.)
40. You have a really pretty smile.
41. You can’t do a cartwheel, but you still try.
42. You are so easy to scare. I love it!
43. You taught me to spend more on quality because it will last longer.
44. You know that spending time with people is important.
45. You are selfless.
46. You love your family even though we are a bunch of weirdos.
47. You like tea parties.
48. You always had a home-cooked meal ready when I lived at home.
49. You never complain.
50. You taught me things are never ‘weird,’ they are ‘different.’
51. You encourage my need to travel.
52. You like to try new things.
53. When my sisters and I fight, you always make us hug afterward.
54. You know the importance of skin-care, and make I wash and moisturize my face…
55. and brush my teeth…..
56. and change into my pjs (my mother tells me this every night when I’m home).
57. You go to the store late at night so when I wake up I can have seaweed soup on my birthday.
58. You show me prayer is powerful.
59. You taught me my sisters are my forever friends.
60. YOU ARE MY MOM AND I LOVE YOU!